Encouraging signs !

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hcammack, Nov 15, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Well I am like an addict that cannot get his fix. I haven't eaten a backyard egg in two months!!!!! BECAUSE THERE HASN'T BEEN ONE!!!! I have 15 hens and pullets. All but three are old enough to lay. The Marans, Wellsummers, and Delewares all stopped to molt and have had a well deserved break but common already. They are getting 14 hours of light. The black Ameraucana girls are either molting or just now 5-6 months old so they are just coming to POL. Thats enough of my sob story.

Well The Marans and Wellsummers are getting redder combs [​IMG] they haven't egg squated since I got them and they have been very resistent or non responsive to my Black Ameraucana cockeral. Well today one of my BCM girls squatted for him!!!!!! I should be getting an egg from her any day and it better be pretty and dark after ive waited this long.

Send my birds laying vibes,
    Henry

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Patience my young friend.

My Ameraucanas hatched the end of February and didn't start laying until a couple of weeks ago.

The GC Maran that hatched at the same time didn't lay until last week. (But she lays HUGE eggs now about 3-4 times a week)... can't wait to hatch some of them...will do a test hatch starting Dec. 11th and ending on January 1st.

Patience...

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    I'm glad we don't have to wait through molts here. That would drive me bonkers to suddenly get no eggs, yet still have to feed those gals. Your hens had such beautiful eggs before. [​IMG] I'm glad you'll be getting some again.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    The marans and wellsummers were already mature and over a year old just molting. I looked back in the emails and the Ameraucana are actually 9 months not 6 [​IMG] Maybe when I add the Faverolles hopefully they will already be laying [​IMG]

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    My Ameraucanas are 8 months old and aren't laying yet.... but here are some egg vibes for your girls----VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeesss! LOL

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] HOPING FOR EGGS FOR YA!

7. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:Same with our EE. Sending good egg vibes your way. [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Here are even more egg vibes for those girls of yours. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:fl [​IMG] Come on girls!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by