End of chick season at the feed store :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ZooMummzy, May 26, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Such a happy yet sad time. Happy for my family who thinks I am finally done getting more chickens [​IMG] and sad for me because my weekly fuzzy butt fix is done for a year. I never can resist so here are my "last feed store chicks" of the season [​IMG]

Two odd colored Cochin bantams and three unknowns - possibly OEGBs since my feed store has been getting a lot of them this spring. I got the two matching ones for their coloring...I like it...and the littlest one because she was the runt. It's hard to tell from the pictures due to the heat light, but the two matching ones are a dark gray and brown with a white dot on their head with a splash of yellow here and there. The cochins are kind of the same. I'm really interested to see what they will look like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The little itty bitty runt
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, cuties!

I WISH my feed store would end this early.... LOL. (Glad they don't - I got my FIRST chicks ever last October! My favorite feed store stops selling chicks in the middle of October.)

3. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    they are too cute! our TSC only has chicks for about 3 weeks right around Easter... THAT's it!!
    Hubby has forbidden me from going to the chicken farm!! LOL

Our 3 has now grown to 16!!!!! muahhhh

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Even though we often have chicks in our own brooder and over a hundred birds all over the place at home my kids are always sad when the chick season comes to an end at the feed store. They never get tired of running over to look at them. Ours ended about the end of last month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by