1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

End of day 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by emsevers, Feb 8, 2009.

1. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    Ok today is the end of day 20 and nothing is happening. I am getting nervous because everyone is saying, "yeah mine hatched on day 18" and "it's only day 19 and they're pipping." I'm getting very jealous and most of all nervous. Please tell that it's normal to see no action before day 21. [​IMG]

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    ya its normal especially if youve had low temps throught incubation... i have had the power go out on eggs that were incubating and the power was out for a day and then they didnt hatch till day 22 but they all hatched!

3. emsevers

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    I haven't had any dips in my temps. It's stayed consistently between 99 and 100 degrees the whole time. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and pray that something pops out soon so I don't make myself sick with nerves.

4. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    I'm right there with you. End of day 20 and 1 little pip out of 18 eggs.....I have heard a few litle peeps and 1 egg was rockin earlier this afternoon but right now all is quiet in ChickVille....looks like it may be a long night!!!

5. emsevers

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    I just heard peeping. Yaaaay!!!! [​IMG] I had just convinced myself that nothing was going to hatch. I just knew it, then I hear a peep. I'm so excited. There is no way I'm going to sleep tonight.

6. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    they are going to hatch, sending hatching vibes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] come on little fuzzy butts you can do it!!!!!!

7. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    I have 3 little pips now.... [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    wahoo.

9. emsevers

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    Now I have one pip that hasn't made any progress at all since 5am. I can't see into the egg so it didn't break through the membrane. Is that ok or is that bad? I hope it's ok because it's the only one doing anything right now.

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Updates?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by