END OF FEB. HATCH-ALONG, ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tinychicky, Feb 7, 2012.

1. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    I'm taking advantage of having five broodies, so i just set about 20 eggs between them! This hatch i've got:

- Wheaten Ameraucana over a BR for sex-linked EE's!

-Some 'regular' EE's

- EE and some white eggs that are probably tetra tints or leghorns from our local farmstand, just to see if they'll hatch [​IMG] .
    -If my SQ seramas and d'anvers' laying finally starts kicking in I'll set thier eggs too [​IMG]

Everything's due between Feb. 26th and March 1st...

... SO IS ANYONE WITH ME??

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.

I let one of my first time broodies ( black 65% orp hen named Faith) set on the 27th of Jan. She was heavily into it. I moved her to a warmer area that had some privacy and she never faulted. Now this is day 11 I think and she is doing great. I only had 6 eggs so not sure what I will get in more ways than one. I had switched roos about two weeks before. I had a NH roo and now I have a 65% Black English roo. Both are active fellows. I have one Del, two Br,I copper marans, one lavender orp, , one bluelaced 65% orp hen, That were laying at the time. ? which ones are fertile or not. I have not candled and did not want to at this time. I like the surprise factor. Good luck with your hatch. I can barely wait to see these little ones.
    I have a new hatcher but am not totally well enough at this time to set it and watch it. I'm letting the big Faith do it. I think she will be better at it anyway. Gloria Jean

3. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I can't let my broody hen have eggs right now it's too cold I don't think her eggs would survive. I do have eggs in the incubator due to hatch on the 25th though if that counts lol.

4. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    yeah it counts :) what breeds do you have incubating?

5. marndt0579

marndt0579 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    North Ia
    Mine are in tonite so should hatch 28-29, Russian orloffs ,and barnyard cross with orloff roo.

6. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Just put in some Spitzhauben eggs in the incubator this afternoon. Hoping for a good hatch, but we'll see if the PO scrambled them first.

7. skysky43

skysky43 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    Show Low, Arizona
    I have some barnyard mixes due to hatch the 21:)

8. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota
    I have 34 Delaware X Hamps (some may be part Old English Bantam, had one roo that died two weeks ago) due to hatch the 25th. Happy hatching all. Should be interesting to see if I get any mor delaware x hamp, old english bantam crosses like I had hatch last month. 4 out of the 15 hatched have OEB markings. Cant wait to see what they grow into!

9. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    I have some FBCM, Welsummer, OE's, and two mutts due to hatch Feb. 27.
    Breaking in my auto turner I got last week!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  10. coops gone crazy

coops gone crazy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2012
    Just set 5 Welsummer, 5 Delaware and 5 Black/Blue/Splash Ameraucana. Sure hope we hatch some healthy chicks this time! Aiming for leap year day....but really just aiming for healthy chicks!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by