End of May 26-31 hatchalong update with pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cybercat, May 7, 2011.

1. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Anyone that is due to have hatchings from 26 to 31 may join in. Tell us breeds, incubator name and model and number of eggs.

The will be my first hatch in my brand new Hovabator 1588. I set 12 eggs just now. So please join my in the 21 day wait. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    I'll join, but I'm in Laree's hatchalong, too, so is that bad? I feel like I'm cheating on my first hatchalong with a second. [​IMG]
    I set my eggs at 2:30 pm EST today, so they are due on Saturday, May 28th. I've set 8 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas and 8 Silver Ameraucanas for a total of 16 eggs, in the same incubator as you, cybercat - a HovaBator Genesis 1588 with an automatic turner. This is my second time hatching eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  3. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    I'll join but I am also in Laree's hatch-along. I set 28 mutt eggs today at 4:40 EST. homemade incubator

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  4. cybercat

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Hello and welcome. Seems I can not type write.[​IMG] Maybe we can convine a moderator to change name to MAY the way it was suppose to be instead of Mat.

5. Mrs.brown

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    Quote:you can edit the first post to change title

6. cybercat

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Must have been a transfer glitch. I hit edit and did not have to type May as it was there. I thought I checked the first time before I hit send. Strange oh well no biggie all fixed.

7. Hi! I've got 196 developing eggs going to hatcher on Mon for 5/12 hatch, another 100 or so should be hatching the 19th, and another 100 or so hatching the 26th.
    I'm not at all sure they WILL ACTUALLY hatch, but they are growing on schedule (I haven't candled the ones set the 5th yet) --- but I'm set to hatch through May.
    Breeds are: Serama, Silkie, Cochin, Jersey Giant, Rock, Ameraucana, Naked Necks, and eggs from lots of fun 'project birds'.
    I built the incubator from an abandoned chest-of-drawers and mostly reclaimed/scrounged parts.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

8. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there, I set my eggs about 10 pm on the 5th so hatch day would be the 26th. This is my third hatch. First I had 70% hatch rate, last one 0%. I have a homemade incubator and set 7 Faverolle eggs. I'm just a bit nervous this time because it could go either way!

9. Mrs.brown

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    You've got a lot of eggs set, Dipsy Doodle Doo. What are you going to do with all of those chicks?

10. Well, assuming any hatch, hahaha, --- a great part are to sell.

There are 50 or so eggs from my Frizz-'Aucana project --- all the smooth chicks (probably half) can sell.
    There are 50 or so eggs from Naked Neck projects --- all the featherneck chicks can sell.
    There are a few from the 'silkie feathered green-eggers' I need to keep and I need to keep the Jersey Giants.
    The Ameraucana, Rocks, Silkies, Serama all can sell.
    Right this minute, I'm stumped at putting my hatcher back together. I took it apart and can't remember where I put some of the parts.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by