End of the year yardsale, made my daughters day!!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
My daughter has been wanting some of those heely shoes. Her dad said no, mostly because he didn't think we could afford them. Plus he was afraid she might get hurt with them.

Today we stopped at an end of the year yard sale. Found a couple real nice sweaters for my daughter. Told hubby she would like them, ok. Then we found a huge bag of hair ties, figure I can run them through a hot wash and she can have them. Then there was a pack of brand new hair ties, got those too. Also found her some "training" *ahem* garments.

So that all cost me $3 and we were about to leave and my husband noticed shoes on the table. I said, yes they would fit her, no you won't let me get them for her. He said, "Why not?"

Me: Because you told her no heely's.

Hubby to the home owner: How do these work?

So she shows him how you can make them sneakers with this one part or take it out and put the wheels in. So he turns the tag over on the shoes and it reads "$3.00"

He looks at me and tells me they are $3 and I can get them for her if I want. We dithered for a minute and the lady
said "You can have them for $1.50"
th.gif

So we bought them! They look almost brand new and the lady said she paid close to $40 for them for her daughter!!

My daughter squealed with delight when she saw them and started shouting "You are the best, Dad!!" and followed that up with a huge hug and kiss.

I don't care that I am the one who actually paid for them, and he got the thanks, it was just wonderful seeing the two of them share a moment.

awww that is so great that you got them for her. I'm sure you absolutely made her day. What is even nicer is that she appreciated them so much, even coming from a yard sale. Most kids expect brand new and even then aren't really "thankful"

Okay, now you have to take er to the grocery store where the floors are really smooth and let 'er rip! My nine year old BEGS to go grocery shopping now!

Quote:
I have been blessed with children who are not picky. We have never bought more than one brand new outfit for them a year. BUT I do alot of yardselling and shopping at goodwill for them. I have tried to instill into my children appreciation for everything they may receive, new or used. Haven't always succeeded. They also understand that we can't always afford new, and they are happy to get it used if it means they get to have it.

Man I know the kids have so much fun with those things. BUT I hate them well not really I hate when kids run wild in the store and don't pay attention to who they are running over. But far the most part most of the kid I see are being good and watch who they are skating around it is just those few who make it bad for other people

OK I'll get off my soapbox now. Didn't mean to make anyone mad
Theresa

Quote:
We have already informed her that we are going to be strict for when and where she can use them. Not sure public stores are the place. Now the walking trail down the road from our house, sure
smile.png
Visiting a friends house? Sure
smile.png
At the park? Yup.
smile.png

Quote:
We have already informed her that we are going to be strict for when and where she can use them. Not sure public stores are the place. Now the walking trail down the road from our house, sure
smile.png
Visiting a friends house? Sure
smile.png
At the park? Yup.
smile.png

I know she'll have lots of fun and be carefull becuase she has parents that are good and are willing to spend the time to teach her post a pic so we can see her I am not brave enough to try them I would fall on my behind

Back
Top Bottom