Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

Good idea! Especially on keeping the smells down in there. There is nothing like a chicken run on a rainy day to make you reconsider the hobby
tongue.png
That is very true, we have had pouring rain most of May
he.gif

How about a "quick start guide" for those looking to buy chicks, ducklings, goslings, keets, or peachicks. It could include the very basic stuff needed for those just getting into poultry. I mention this because I sell young fowl, and many people show up unprepared.

All the different species have different requirements... Housing, heat, feed, etc.

How nice would it be to have all this in one place? Then I wouldn't have to explain it to each buyer, I could just send them a link to the article. :D

-Kathy

How about a "quick start guide" for those looking to buy chicks, ducklings, goslings, keets, or peachicks. It could include the very basic stuff needed for those just getting into poultry. I mention this because I sell young fowl, and many people show up unprepared.

All the different species have different requirements... Housing, heat, feed, etc.

How nice would it be to have all this in one place? Then I wouldn't have to explain it to each buyer, I could just send them a link to the article. :D

-Kathy
:thumbsup

What do we have to do to get @casportpony to write us an article..? She always comes up with these wonderful ideas! And those wonderful posts!

hmm.png

Bribery? Kathy, check the first post. See that? You can win something!

Last edited:
What do we have to do to get @casportpony
 to write us an article..? She always comes up with these wonderful ideas! And those wonderful posts! 

:/  

Bribery? Kathy, check the first post. See that? You can win something!

You're funny. This latest suggestion comes on the heals of a recent transaction where someone showed up with nothing to take newborn ducklings home in, nor did she have a heat lamp at home. Got a panicked text saying they were all dying and that she was on her way to the vet. Keep in mind that I suggested that they needed a heat lamp, but was ignored.

Oh... Another thought! The transporting article... That could have suggestions for safely transporting baby fowl. For example: box, towels and and heat packs. Heat packs don't need to be fancy, they can be soda/water bottles filled with warm water.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom