ENDED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED - BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Content, Contests, and Giveaways' started by sumi, May 3, 2016.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Another idea, and maybe something I would actually do, lol. How about a mini-article contest? How many words would it take to describe how to make a transport box for baby fowl? :D

-Kathy

2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop

I have an even better idea for transporting them, which I did with my lings. Put them on your lap! :lau
    -Banti
    ETA: Just make sure they are secure, and don't distract you, of course.... I piled my jacket around them, and left a breathing hole. They were angels!

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. ForrestGump

ForrestGump Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2016
    Seattle
    I started writing my article, and now I have a problem. It is too long! I wrote more of a thesis than a short article. [​IMG]

The word count is over 2000 words and I'm not totally done yet. Is that too long?

4. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Never!! :pop

1 person likes this.
  5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Subscribed....

Why did you change the award. I was sure the last winners won a all expense paid trip to Australia for 2..... Including first class air fare....

Of course, I know personally one winner is still waiting for the Air fare to arrive.....

Also I will enter this, most likely after Blooie does so I have a benchmark set for me to reach...[​IMG]

I do have an article in mind, but I need a suitable model for the pictures portion of it...

Ps. Sometime I am not connected to reality for weeks at a time..

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

7. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :gig

8. Peacemaker41

Peacemaker41 New Egg

Sep 23, 2015
    Can we write a CHILDREN'S SHORT STORY about chickens, including pictures?

I have one that I wrote for my Grandson for Christmas, I had it professionally bound before I presented it to him, and the printer advised me to send it to a regular Children's Book Publisher for consideration, but I have no interest in selling it, but I would love to let people read it for free.

I have 3 published novels, plus quite a few short stories, and I also did a bi-weekly newspaper column for a long time in the Newnan Times Herald, located in Newnan, Georgia.

My work was very popular until I was disabled in an auto accident, but now, I have 3 websites up and running again.

Please check out my cooking site on Facebook, RedNeckCooking, and UncleBuddySez, for good clean, humor, and down to earth Blue Grass Gospel Music.

Thank you very much,
    Buddy Simmons
    "Uncle Buddy Sez"

2 people like this.
  9. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Ok got my topic idea! - What to look for when buying chicks/chickens.
    Thanks sumi for the suggestion. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Jkraft

Jkraft Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2015
    Willow Springs, NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by