Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #7

Mouse Proof Coop and Run...
I couldn't see how to post a comment under your coop entry. It looks like it was well thought out and good protection to your girls! I'm going to try wrapping my run this winter. That is a great idea. I wouldn't be able to see them from my house, if i wrap the north, but it would sure be worth it for them to be outside a little. They zoom out of the coop in the morning, like it's on fire. ha! I think sand is a good idea, too, for cleaning. What kind of sand did you use?

Last edited:
WE used play sand #4. I love having the sand. I use it in the run and also on the coop floor and I have a poop board under their roost with sand. It is so easy to spend 5 minutes a day and scoop all of their little piles. My coop does not smell. I love it. I use straw in their nests and that is the only place.

I love having the run wrapped in the winter. Not just for my chickens but for me. I couldn't believe how nice it felt in there when it was windy and cold outside. I see you are in S.D. Yup! You will like it wrapped and so will your girls!

Our entry
yippiechickie.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/barnyard-peeps-house

Mom and I have "small run" caged in already, 240sq.ft..The next step is to upgrade from a small pet cage box on legs, (was for cousin's guinea pig), to sufficient over winter box for 4 hens alaying. Being novice and only having android , only time to juggle is my struggle ; do I commence with contest or suffice with suggestions for brood nest?

I have a question about the coop submissions. I think I followed the directions correctly, but my submission says it is under Member Pages, and I see others are under Coop Designs. My page has something like 128 views (probably mostly mine...LOL), but others have thousands of views. That is why I think I may have done something incorrectly. Could I trouble you to check for me and let me know if I need to do something else? Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom