ENDED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Official BYC Mini Contest #10 - Creative Eggs & Eggshells Contest

Discussion in 'Sponsored Content, Contests, and Giveaways' started by N F C, Nov 1, 2016.

1. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Ok Cuz, here's what I've been working

NOT AN ENTRY

[​IMG]

I took a plain glass candle votive and glued broken pieces of eggshell to it, covered the whole thing in a few coats of Mod Podge, added a bit of sand and stuck a little votive candle in it. My cat, Bam Bam approved!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    How cute and creative! (Bam Bam is adorable[​IMG])

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Oh, I love it! It looks elegant enough for a wedding! white eggshells I guess are what give it that look, plus the daintyness of the tiny pieces. That would take a lot to make enough for a wedding!

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thank you! Bam's my buddy and such a sweetie. His sister, on the other hand, (her name is Pip) is a real pistol. She kept trying to eat the candle, lol.

Thanks Cuz! It did turn out prettier than I thought it would and was a really inexpensive thing to make. I probably spent $8 total (Mod Podge, craft glue, votive, candles) and have enough to make probably 4 of them. But to make enough for a wedding? Whew, better have some tough fingers, those eggshells will wear you out, lol.

5. Catandherchicks

Catandherchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Paris, TN

X2 Yes! Both pretty and would smell fresh in a kitchen.

6. Catandherchicks

Jul 22, 2013
    Paris, TN
    Very clever! I sure hope he doesn't get that curious when it's lit.

7. Catandherchicks

Jul 22, 2013
    Paris, TN
    OK. Here is my eggshell entry.

[​IMG]

Gourd covered with broken eggshells; colored with ink dyes and pigment powders for a shimmer effect, top accented with variegated metal leaf.

3 people like this.
  8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Wow. That looks great, good job! I considered doing something with broken eggshells like that, but you've got be beat there!

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Very pretty! I believe I saw another one of your gourds on another thread with chickens on it? In addition to the contests, you might enjoy jumping in on the Anything Art thread.

Just curious...do you grow your own gourds? What kind are they? I used to have a huge garden (just not this year) and think there would be a lot of fun art/craft sort of things you can do with gourds.

10. Catandherchicks

Jul 22, 2013
    Paris, TN

Thanks. Yup, I put a rooster and hen gourd with eggshells on one of the other mini contests. I just buy the gourds already dried. It takes about six months to sit around and dry. I just like the fun part. You can see AMAZING gourd art on a website called Gourd Art Enthusiasts.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by