ENDED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Official BYC Mini Contest #4 - Show us your talent! Create a work of

Discussion in 'Sponsored Content, Contests, and Giveaways' started by sunflour, Nov 1, 2016.

1. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

You need a model. Haven't you seen "Titanic"? :D Go and fetch one from the coop and have her pose for you.

That quilt is gorgeous.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Yeah, because chickens always stand still long enough for you to draw them.......

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Gorgeous quilt Blooie! Is that the actual pheasant tail feather hanging down? Very impressed with the 3-D effect. Great job!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    WOW, you have great talent gal... is the tail a feather or fabric - how did you do that?

And it does not have to be a chicken, just a chicken THEMED item - any medium you choose...can't wait to see what you come up with [​IMG]

5. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    I thought so, takes a lot of patience to do that quality of carving - guess that's why you don't see me enter those contests [​IMG]

Hey, branch out...Dare to be Different and try a medium you have never done --- knit, crochet, sew??? Or modeling in clay - that would be easier than carving??

6. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA

I asked the same question without seeing your post....kinda scary we are starting to think alike..[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Yep, any medium and anything chicken related...

I can hear those wheels turning, can't wait to see what you come up with [​IMG]

8. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    OK, now I understand why I can't draw faces or feet [​IMG]...my hens won't pose...so will have a coop meeting to discuss this issue

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Yep, it's a real pheasant tail feather. The fencing is done like barbed wire with metallic thread but it never seems to show up in photos the way it does when you're actually looking at it. In pictures you can see the strands but not the glint. The sky and the fall foliage are done with individual 2 inch squares cut from a bunch of assorted fabrics. Thank, everyone, for the kind words. I am very proud of this one....

....and still waiting for a chicken, but I have an excuse - Kendra is here and I'm trying to make her a belt to cover her MACE so when she gets it replaced it won't pull out again. She took my piece of paper and got out her box of crayons. So now I have to start ALLLL over and find another sheet of paper and everything. <sigh>

10. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    You are so brilliant and talented....add a chicken them to the belt and a Wearable Art...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by