Ended Official BYC Mini-contest - Tell us your funniest chicken story and win!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011

Hey everyone! 2014 is nearly over and we decided to ring in the new year on a humorous note. We would like you to share your funniest chicken story and if your story makes us laugh, you can win a free BYC 2015 Calendar!

RULES:

1. Post your funniest chicken story as a reply to this thread. Must be between 100-250 words.
2. Only one entry per member will be accepted.
3. The four funniest stories will each win a free 2015 BYC Calendar!
4. Have fun!

**WE WILL ACCEPT ENTRIES UNTIL THE 31st OF JANUARY 2015**

Last edited:
I moved into a new to me "country home" when my oldest was just shy of 6.

A good friend decided that every 6 year old needs a pet, and a great learning experience would be hatching and raising chickens.

So he shows up on my 6 year old's birthday, with an incubator and 2 dozen eggs.

She diligently turns each egg carefully twice a day for the required time period.

I candle the eggs at the appropriate time interval, to see if indeed they are fertile.

I see nothing!!!

In a panic, I order 2 dozen chicks from a hatchery to arrive the day before the chicks are due to hatch.

I have a plan...

I place the chicks in the incubator with the unhatched eggs for warmth that evening.

My daughter wakes me up the next morning screaming with excitement!

She wants an explanation as to how we hatched 40 chicks from just 24 eggs!!
jumpy.gif
th.gif

@RonP
gig.gif
Wonderful, wonderful story. Thank you for sharing!

I moved into a new to me "country home" when my oldest was just shy of 6.

A good friend decided that every 6 year old needs a pet, and a great learning experience would be hatching and raising chickens.

So he shows up on my 6 year old's birthday, with an incubator and 2 dozen eggs.

She diligently turns each egg carefully twice a day for the required time period.

I candle the eggs at the appropriate time interval, to see if indeed they are fertile.

I see nothing!!!

In a panic, I order 2 dozen chicks from a hatchery to arrive the day before the chicks are due to hatch.

I have a plan...

I place the chicks in the incubator with the unhatched eggs for warmth that evening.

My daughter wakes me up the next morning screaming with excitement!

She wants an explanation as to how we hatched 40 chicks from just 24 eggs!!
jumpy.gif
th.gif
Oh, this is just ADORABLE!!!
big_smile.png

My rooster has always wanted to seem the biggest chicken in the flock! Sad thing is he's a Bantam!
Every morning, he gets on one of our milk crates in front of our back door and crows! I bet he just wants to feel tall and large xD It makes me crack up every time I see him on his little crate. One time, he actually accomplished at flying up onto one of our tables outside the back door and crowed! I was amazed at how a little rooster flew up there when it was 6x his size! He's just tired of being bullied by the larger hens xD I love him so much! he's adorable and will make you laugh sometimes. Everyday he amazes me!

Last edited:
Well my story is set back to about 48 years ago( as I am now 49). All our lives my family raised chickens and all sorts of other barn yard animals. But I remember my mother telling the story of my brother (who was around 5 years of age). He was always outside playing when we would go visit our grandmother. One day he was out playing around the chickens and one pooped and he decided he would pick it up and taste it. Hahahaha. I can just imagine the look on his little face. As my mother said he never did pick up anymore chicken poop. Hahahaha.

Well Funny Here is Funny First time i Hatched After 3 months The Baby Flew on me And Pooped On The head And Started pecking it and i flew her down next minute when oi went to go to collect eggs she jumped on me and did runny poo on your head

Back
Top Bottom