English B/B/S Orpington Chicks - to ship Feb. 21 - on SALE - limited time offer

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by ruth, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    As of tonight I have five dozen English B/B/S Orpington eggs in my incubator due to hatch the weekend of Feb. 18/19 and will be available for shipping on Tues. Feb. 21st (Monday 2/20 is a holiday). I'm selling chicks at $15 each this year but this is a one time special at $10 each (last year's price) because these eggs and chicks are not presold and I don't need 5 dozen chicks. I gathered all of their first eggs to check fertility (like I really needed to check it with 7 roos in the pen - but surprise, surprise - every one is fertile.) I just candled and all little babies are moving around. I'll take orders for at least 3 dozen from the first people to respond.

Express shipping is $30 per dozen chicks but I have boxes of all sizes including some that will hold up to 100 chicks.

Paypal is [email protected]

Here's a link to my listing for eggs - you can see all info and pictures. I sell eggs at $65 per dozen or two dozen for $100.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/622030/b-b-s-english-orpington-eggs

2/10 EDITED TO ADD....there is post at the bottom that says these chicks are now all sold however one buyer has now backed out so if you are interested in being on a last minute waiting list to see how many hatch and how many are still available, just send me a PM. I won't take any additional payments at this time because I can't count on them all hatching but I can take a list of a few people who would be interested in a last minute shipment of chicks. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Here are a couple of pictures of some of the parents:

One of my original English hens:

[​IMG]

One of their offspring from last season - a cockerl, approx. 8 months old, now added to breeder pen and taking his place as dominant roo:

[​IMG]

3. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    how late do you sell eggs for.we would like to buy some but not till like april or may.we would want 2 dozen.

4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS

I sell eggs and chicks until they stop laying. Last year, around May, they all went broody at same time and stopped laying and I had to refund dozens of orders so this year I'm not taking a long list. April or May is still open for orders but they must be prepaid to hold your spot in line. Thanks for your interest and just let me know.

Monique

5. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    Could you pm me were you got your lines from just want to make sure tjey are diff from our other birds

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS

The original "Lines" came from several different breeders but I've been working on my own Line - breeding the best of the best - and I consider these my "Bethel Line" of Orpingtons. It is an on-going work.

7. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Thanks everyone for your interest. All of these chicks are now sold but I am still taking orders for chicks throughout the Spring at only $15 each.

Monique

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by