1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

English Blue Orpingtons - Dozen hatching eggs - $50

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm offering my English Blue Orpington hatching eggs at the bargain price of $50 per dozen. These birds came from BamaChicken and I paid $150 per dozen for the eggs and have sold them for nearly that amount in the past. I have a dark blue roo in with a number of light and dark blue females so you should get blue, black or splash offspring. These blue roos are a beautiful contrast of a very dark blue over a lighter shade of blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some of their offspring that aren't in my breeder pens:

[​IMG]

And a young roo:

[​IMG]

I also offer the "American" Orps, or basically the ones that I don't use in my English Orp breeder pens - for $30 per dozen plus shipping.

Please don't hit BuyItNow because I can take more than one order. I will also be offering chicks. So if you are interested in either chicks or eggs, from either pen, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    WOW - response has been overwhelming and orders and payments coming in faster than I can sort through. I'm trying to answer all PMs as quickly as possible.

I'd like to leave this listing up for the full 7 days - so Mods, please allow me to do so if possible.

But I want to update that at this point I have chick orders that will last into May. Most have ordered chicks and that requires a lot of eggs to fill each order - plus it takes three weeks to hatch an order. I can still take orders for eggs and chicks but did want to let everyone know that there is now a short list. At the end of the 7 day listing I will close the list and not take any orders beyond June simply because I don't like to be that commited too far in advance. If in June, things are still going well and they are still laying strong, I'll relist another offer.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful comments and orders. I had no idea they would be this well received or I would have listed them earlier.

Monique "Ruth"

3. MrsDeb

MrsDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful! [​IMG]

4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    At this point I need to close the "List". I've taken orders that will stretch into July. Thank you all so much. I wish I had many more birds - the response has been overwhelming.

Speaking of overwhelming - I sell birds and chicks and eggs of many breeds on many forums and through my website. So I get lots of PayPal payments. I've gotten quite a few that have either:

No shipping address
    No BYC Name
    No information about what the person is ordering

So I'm still trying to figure out some of the orders that I believe came from BYC people but came through PayPal accounts I can't match. If you sent me a PayPal payment, please send me a PM stating what the PayPal name was, what you were ordering, and what your BYC name is because I still have a few I can't identify.

Thanks everyone - this was the most response I've gotten from a listing.

Monique "Ruth"

5. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    man how did i miss these ..... [​IMG]

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:I'll be selling them from now on but I just don't want to get too ahead of myself or "my girls". If anyone wants them that has not already paid, and you aren't in a hurry, just check back with me in a couple of months. It seems that every time I take a lengthy list, the birds will stop laying as if they know. [​IMG]

7. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    Is there a wait list where we could be contacted when more are available? [​IMG]
    Don't mind waiting till the fall!

8. donnie

donnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    Quote:I'll be selling them from now on but I just don't want to get too ahead of myself or "my girls". If anyone wants them that has not already paid, and you aren't in a hurry, just check back with me in a couple of months. It seems that every time I take a lengthy list, the birds will stop laying as if they know. [​IMG]

sure thing my bday is the end of june , so ill check back with you in june ....

9. Jenifer72

Jenifer72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Iowa
    I would like to be on the list to be notified when they are available again!

10. youngbiddy

youngbiddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Deluged with orders up to July in less than 30 minutes....

Go tell your girls to shake their moneymakers.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by