Enid Atwoods

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by nicodemuschickenfan, Feb 23, 2009.

1. nicodemuschickenfan

nicodemuschickenfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    So does anyone know when the atwoods in Enid OK will be getting new chicks in? Me and my room mate have gone there several times trying to get chicks and each time they had been sold out. I want to know when they will get a new batch in so I can go early and get first pick. [​IMG] I don't know who it is that keeps buying all the chicks but they need to control themselves. [​IMG] There are other chick addicts here too! *Sniffle* [​IMG] I just want my RIR's already.. I'm getting bummed. K, I vented; now I'm back to being giddy about our soon to be flock. [​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Did you ask them?
    Maybe they have a list you can be put on.

3. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    Not that I know of, they just say that they'll be in soon. Though 'soon' seems to translate into 'whenever'.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I waiting on our Atwoods to get their spring babies in because I AM coming home with a few ducklings. I've been carefully studying pics of indian runner ducklings so I'll be able to pick them out amongst all the ducklings by their unique posture.
    P.S. If my SO should somehow happen to stumble on to BYC and see this post, [​IMG] I AM too getting them!

5. bluetickokie

bluetickokie New Egg

Feb 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    the atwoods in fort smith ,ar told me the same thing, we should be getting some in any day well been by there a few time nothing yet

6. grandads

grandads Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2008
    The Atwoods in Fort Smith does, (did) have chicks. I've been getting them for two weeks. They don't get very many at a time, and they go fast. Call every day about 10 or 11. They were out of everything yesterday, haven't called today yet.

7. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    Ha, that's what I'm doing. Going over all the RIR pics I can in hopes of picking only or at least mostly road island reds. Well I hope we both get lucky in our picks and get what we want. Though if an orp or something should make it's way into the batch, I wouldn't shun them. [​IMG] Gotta cash my paycheck first though. Wish the bank wasn't closed by the time I get off of work. Guess I'll have to cash it at walmart again.. Poo. [​IMG] Darn fees.

8. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    The Atwoods in NE OK gets their clucks from Ideal in TX - I know that here they get new shipments in on Tuesdays - maybe Enid is the same way? I know how frustrating it is! I bought my clucks in my local Atwoods last year - three black peeps. A couple of weeks later I went to Enid on business and I just HAD to visit your Atwoods - you had ALL DIFFERENTS kinds and colors of peeps! Lucky you! (but that was last year - good luck!)

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Why not head up our way and take some of the chicks???

10. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    Hmm, suppose I never did consider those breeds.. But I'm not picky. I just want a nice egg laying pet. How far away are you rodriguez? I'm not likely to be able to drive more then fifteen or so minets out of Enid just so you know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by