1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Enjaytoo! (Nancy!)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BlueMottie, Jan 1, 2010.

1. BlueMottie

BlueMottie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Rock
    You! Post pictures of my grandchildren and delete some of your inbox so I can reply to your message!
    How many blue mottleds did you get?

Congrats on the hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Enjaytoo

Enjaytoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You are currently a gramma to TWO adorable chicks! BOTH BLUE!!! [​IMG] I must get pictures of the little guys (or girls...please be girls), one is still in the 'bator and I have pipping on another and rockin' on a 4th!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What was your final tally enjay?

4. Enjaytoo

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Quote:Two....but patiently waiting for more [​IMG]

5. BlueMottie

BlueMottie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Rock
    Are you still at two or have more hatched?

Did all eight end up being viable or were those last two iffy ones truly iffy?

[​IMG]

6. Enjaytoo

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Well, comfortably saying just the two at this point. One needs hobbles I think but I should probably wait another day or so to see if that leg straightens up. The other two eggs, one pipped thru the side and dried out, the other pipped and the membrane was pretty dry too. I "helped", although I probably shouldnt have (that whole "nature knows best" and all) and they dont look like they will make it but crossing my fingers anyway [​IMG] I am not naming those two right now, thats for sure...

So the iffys (2) probably did die early on and the remaining ones (4) looked good on day 10 but no movement on day 18 so I'm guessing they died around then [​IMG]

At least I got two precious little peeps though, (and maybe if my DBF realizes I'm serious about a Brinsea for my birthday, I can try this all over again [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by