This is my second time with the Trader Joe's eggs. Here we go... Warming up to room temp... Initial weigh-in... Into the 'bator... I realized the next day that one of the three dozens I'd bought was a week older than the rest, so I went back and bought another. With only six extra spaces available, I kept the "Even Stevens" from the older batch and tossed the rest. I want them to lose 12-14% of their weight by Day 18, so I manipulate the relative humidity accordingly. In the past, I've come close to 12% by using 30-35% RH and letting it drop to 25% for a while before bringing it back up to 30-35. Day 10: Candling and second weigh-in... 17 are developing. Not bad for week-old grocery store eggs. They're losing weight too rapidly though. The last time I hatched Trader Joe's eggs, they had lost an average of 5.4% by Day 10. This time, they've already lost 9.3%. I need to boost the humidity in order to put the brakes on the weight loss. Maybe I let the humidity drop for too long (a few times) before adding water. Whatever the case, I probably should start weighing the eggs every three days or so to keep a closer eye on the weight loss. An extra water dish increased the RH to 40%... Day 15 weigh-in...average weight loss is now 11.7%. Now I really need to drastically slow the weight loss over the next three days. A couple more water dishes bring the RH up to 45%... (one of the eggs has quit on me) Day 18: Final weigh-in and candling/set-up for hatch... Average weight loss of the 16 eggs is 14.15%. This is more than I've ever had, but only slightly above the ideal range, so I'm hoping for a good hatch. They're now out of the turning rack, sitting in cartons at 60% RH... See you on the 24th!