Enough of the wind already!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tdgill, Jan 3, 2010.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    blue is the wind [​IMG]
    [​IMG] No More Wind
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I agree... enough is enough... its howling pretty good out there

3. tdgill

whats your temp there in Canada? maybe make me feel warmer...

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:15*F
    0*f with the wind chill.... and thats actually warmed up for us

it was -9*f
    with a wind chill of abt ~-21*F last night..

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Wowsa. It's 35 here and I want to curl up into a ball. 20 degrees is guess tonight from weather people. The wind though is blowing and that's what gets me. So yeah ENOUGH ALREADY [​IMG]

6. tdgill

25 here with wind chill making it feel like 11 degrees and I've been out in it alot yesterday and today. Checkin on chickens, putting some more weather stripping up, another red flood light and a new spot for waterers that hopefully will keep it thawed out. and not too warm inside my house here either!

I guess I wasnt quite ready for this winter...was I. You forget how blustery and cold it CAN be. Nothing like a cold hard wind to point that out to me. gonna forgive myself as a newbie. but for all the fussin and time spent I feel like I should have been finished and set.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    All the more reason I want to learn how to make a quilt. Nothin like cuddling up in something you made!

8. tdgill

quilts are lovely

9. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    we are at 17 degrees and very windy.. we live on a hill top.. it is soooo expensive to heat our large home.. 1000 a month last yr so we keep the heat at 62 and live with quilts all over the house.. if you get chilly just throw one over you.. i have one on my lap as i type and hubby is asleep on the couch with one.. funny how you adjust to the cooler temps.. when i visit daughter it is 72 in her house and i die from heat stroke lol

10. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    9* here right now and the wind is howling!!! I have snow drifts everywhere. Two heat lamps going now in the coop and it's up at 40* in there since I closed the vents up - my girls are spoiled but wait till that electric bill comes! Oh well. At least my livingroom is at 74* with the wood stove and my wine is helping warm up the world too.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by