Enrichment

iFairyx

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
England
Hi guys,

So our chickens moved into the new enclosure a few weeks ago, and I'm looking for ideas
as to how I can enrich their lives
smile.png

This is a pic of part of their little area, lived in by my ex-batts and my new black rocks.
(The shed/coop now has proper steps and a ramp for the chickens to get in and out)

S8300250.jpg

The have outside perches but you cant see them in this piccy.

Any ideas?

thanks
iFairy x

smile.png
thanks

They come from the battery so I wanted to make their lives really nice for them, I'm going to add a couple of sand pits at some point,
one that I can the odd tub of mealworms into and things like that, and another for sand (and a sneaky bit of mite powder but shhh... don't tell the chickens) so the can just bath (and cover themselves in the
powder
big_smile.png
)

I'm just lacking in ideas on how to improve it for them

If all the open area I see is for the chickens, they have plenty of room for digging their own bathing pits, and they will, even if you provide a nice one. What might be a good idea is making/leaving items that can offer shade but more importantly somewhere to hide from overhead predators. I am thinking about making small lean tos, a couple feet or so high for the girls, that I would stake into the ground, otherwise our ever blowing wind will cause them to travel. Even a chair or table out in the yard will give them hiding places, plus verticle interest to hop up and down. My chickens are on top of the coops and shade frames through out the day. I think they like the change of view.

Back
Top Bottom