Entering American Serama at shows, entry forms?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gabbyscritters, Sep 30, 2011.

1. gabbyscritters

gabbyscritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    fredonia, wi
    I have a question on filling out entry forms for a Serama. My junior daughter is using her Serama hen for showmanship, we were told by show management to sign the hen up as exhibiting so she can have a cage at the show.
    I believe their class is SCCL

Am I correct on how she should fill it out?
    VARIETY & BREED - AOC or AOV? American Serama

I know white is the approved variety, the hen is a dark wheaten. Would I use AOC (any other color) or AOV (any other variety)?

The hen is well cared for but is not show quality, we will have to decide do we scratch her entry when we arrive and just let her stay in the cage or let the hen be judged as long as she is there.
    I know she will be way out classed by the show Seramas but for showmanship she is great and my daughter loves her.

2. gabbyscritters

gabbyscritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    fredonia, wi
    No help, come on, someone must know!
    Entry forms needs to get in the mail

For enrty form:
    BREED: American Serama
    VARIETY: ?

On a differnent forum I saw that a non white Serama would have VARIETY listed as AOC

I thought splash breed would get entered as AOV?

Does it even matter? Can you tell we are new to showing!

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    I believe it would be AOC, but gosh, I can't remember how they were entered at the last show! [​IMG]

Send a PM to EdgarMongold, he would know for sure.

4. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    It would be AOV (all other varieties) AOC is all other comb

I am not a serama person but the only currently accepted variety is white so it will be Serama AOV

5. edgarmongold

edgarmongold Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Quote:AOC stands for Any Other Color.

We, the SCNA, are recommending that you enter as AOC American Serama then cock, hen, cockerel, pullet depending on what you have.

I would not scratch her let them judge her as you will have paid the entry fee.

6. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    the show im going to showmanship birds can not be entered in show

7. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan

We, the SCNA, are recommending that you enter as AOC American Serama then cock, hen, cockerel, pullet depending on what you have.

you have enter like you would any other breed american serama aov then what ever color u say she is

8. edgarmongold

edgarmongold Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011

you have enter like you would any other breed american serama aov then what ever color u say she is

To show the difference between Booted and Silkied American Serama which are varieties the Serama Council of North America encourages exhibitors to list AOC for any color other than White.

Been showing American Serama since 2004 when the SCNA standard was written for the American Serama.

Been making it easy on show management to fill out coop cards and get non recognized breeds and varieties judged for some time before that.

Show management will take it either way.

A lot of times exhibitors do not write down more than Serama and leave it at that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by