1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Entering My 4 Year Old Rooster

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by bantychicken, Mar 22, 2016.

1. bantychicken

bantychicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland
    So I've contacted the general manager of the Delaware State Fair (also called the Harrington Fair) about concerns for entering my pet rooster (ie he is a pet first and a show bird second, taking him home at night when the fair is closed and bringing him back in the morning, etc) Penguin. He is a mixed breed (now believing he is a mix between a Plymouth Barred Rock Bantam and a Dutch Bantam) and that's what I'm going to show him under if there is a category for that.

He has ripped out most of the feathers on his tail now and I'm going to get him feather fixer today at my work to fix that and make his feathers better. Is there a way to prevent him from pulling more feathers? Also, I'll attach an image of him when he was at his peak and I'd also like pointers on how to prepare him for the show. I would like him to be a show bird and this next spring I'm going to take one of his hens eggs just before it hatches and put it in an incubator so we can have another friendly chicken just like him. He is getting to the peak of his years and we want him to have a legacy with his many chicks but we want one or two just like him in personality, which will happen.

Either way, I'd like some pointers on showing my beautiful boy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I don't think that cross bred chickens can be entered in a show.

3. bantychicken

bantychicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland

Crossbreed bantams are allowed to be entered as well as egg birds, meat birds, broilers in the DSF

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. BantamSlave02

BantamSlave02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2015
    Northern California
    He looks more like a Barred Old English Game Bantam crossed with a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam.

5. poultryguy1826

poultryguy1826 New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    i agree. thats the most likely mix of this bird

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by