Entertainment for climbing bantam chicks

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
Today I've noticed that my hen's Polish bantam chicks love to jump and climb on the stones and bricks in the run. I was wondering if there is anything I could add or make for them to climb on.
They are around 6 days old and are climbing and jumping on a large rock and a few bricks I put in there. But I was wondering if there would be anything better to entertain them.
I heard that bantams are good at jumping, climbing and flying. And have found out that is true since they are so small but can jump really high!

It's okay to add anything to the brooder to entertain chicks. But make sure the objects have no sharps edges, splinters, loose fibers that they can choke on because chicks will peck at everything new you give them.

I like soft things they can safely peck, blocks of wood to climb on, and even a low perch.

20210613_150527_HDR.jpg

Brick tower

20210613_150542_HDR.jpg

Rock and the ledge

IMG-20210608-WA0018.jpg

Chicks

It's okay to add anything to the brooder to entertain chicks. But make sure the objects have no sharps edges, splinters, loose fibers that they can choke on because chicks will peck at everything new you give them.

I like soft things they can safely peck, blocks of wood to climb on, and even a low perch.
They don't live in a brooder (they live outside with mamma) but thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom