Entire Flock Of Chickens For Sale - Many Breeds - Pickup Only

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Cakela, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Cakela

Cakela Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Southern New Hampshire
    What I have left as of March 6th: 1 SLW Hen, 1 SLW Rooster, 1 RIR, 1 NHR, 1 cornish x, 1 barn mixed roo, 1 blue frizzle cochin, 1 black silkie, 1 jap. bantam mix.

I am moving and have to get rid of all my chickens. I figured BYC would be the perfect place to try and sell them to ensure they get decent homes instead of craigslist. I've got 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, ones a rooster. 1 New Hampshire Red, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Barred Rocks, 1 Cornish X hen, 2 easter eggers, 3 Red Laced Wyandottes, 1 barn yard mixed roo, 1 cochin frizzle roo, 1 black silkie roo, and 1 jap. bantam mix who lays a blue egg. We also have two rouen ducks that need to go as well. I think thats everyone but I may have missed one or two. The RIR girls need some time away from the roos, their feathers have really taken a beating. None of the roos are aggressive at all and the hens are all good layers. These chickens mean a lot to me and I'd like to see them go to someone who will give them as much attention as I do. I'm located in southern new hampshire near the mass border. If I could I would ship them, but with moving we can't afford the boxes for all of them.

There are only a few conditions with taking my chooks:

If you take the silkie, you have to take the other two bantams as well. The are almost their own little flock and I'd hate to see them separated.

I don't care if you intend to eat the roos or keep them, but I need them gone as well so please consider taking one!

Currently I have half a bag of layer crumbles - if it's still there when you buy them you can have it, along with the safegaurd wormer I have and the duramycin.

Thanks for reading!

Edit; The two ducks and the rhode island red rooster have found homes!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. john1225

john1225 New Egg

Feb 13, 2012
    North West NJ
    Your first sentence...my reply
    WHY?

Sorry just had to. lol I would have taken all of them, sorry we live so far away. Good LUck.

3. meldem

meldem New Egg

Feb 25, 2012
    Hello I was wondering how old the chickens were (any less than 1 yr)I can't have roosters do to zoning. I already have some 6 chickens and was looking for a few more also what part of NH are you in I live in MA so the closer to the border the better.

4. Cakela

Aug 12, 2011
    Southern New Hampshire
    All of them are older then one year sadly. :( The oldest hens are reaching two this summer.

5. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I belong to a thread, a bunch of us are all looking for one or more of these breeds...
    Are they still available?

6. Cakela

Aug 12, 2011
    Southern New Hampshire
    All chickens are still available yes. I did a headcount, or tried to at least, and counted 21 chickens in all.

7. stoopid

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Ok, I am waiting for my bunch to get back to me.....looks like everyone is playing outside, I may have an answer by tonite.
    Roberta

8. Cakela

Aug 12, 2011
    Southern New Hampshire
    Alright, let me know :)

9. meldem

meldem New Egg

Feb 25, 2012
    Thank you for getting back to me and good luck rehoming them.

10. stoopid

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Well it seems my bunch thinks 2 yr olds are too old.
    I don't need any more birds, was just trying to help everyone out.
    I'm sorry, I hope they find a home soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by