Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess When We'll Reach 380,000 Members!

Thank you all. I like these contests. I've been fortunate as this is the second one I've won in my 8+ years here.
About 3 weeks ago I calculated today would be the day and I narrowed it down to this morning. My first guess was 6AM and no one else had guessed within a couple days. But then there were a couple more guesses for today, yesterday and tomorrow. I tried to figure how the holiday weekend would affect sign ups. It appeared there wouldn't be enough by 6 this morning so I changed my guess to 1PM.
Congratulations to @MelissaRose and @Leahs Coop too.

Last edited:
Thank you all. I like these contests. I've been fortunate as this is the second one I've won in my 8+ years here.
About 3 weeks ago I calculated today would be the day and I narrowed it down to this morning. My first guess was 6AM and no one else had guessed within a couple days. But then there were a couple more guesses for today, yesterday and tomorrow. I tried to figure how the holiday weekend would affect sign ups. It appeared there wouldn't be enough by 6 this morning so I changed my guess to 1PM.
Congratulations to @MelissaRose and @Leahs Coop too.
You did really well with your calculations! :) We, or rather Rob, works out the averages and data to determine when to start and end these contests, but we nearly got caught out this time with the sudden increase in sign ups.

You did really well with your calculations! :) We, or rather Rob, works out the averages and data to determine when to start and end these contests, but we nearly got caught out this time with the sudden increase in sign ups.

An increase with sign ups is a good thing!

I plan on using my prize to get promotional items today. I am teaching 3 chicken classes the next 3 Saturdays so I'm going to give them away as participation prizes to my continuing ed. students.
Most of the students are either doing research to determine if they want to keep chickens or already have them and realize they need more help.
I always recommend to my students that they become members of BYC as well as join our local backyard chicken meetup group - which has about 700 members.

Back
Top Bottom