Environmentally Unfriendly Pets

th.gif

At least the article says chickens are good... Egads!

Environmental issues will be huge in the future. Pets, or humans for that matter are a huge drain on the planet.
So who should go first, pets or humans...
lau.gif

according to many pets should be reduced definitely.

footprints entail everything that product (or animal) uses while alive.

animals from older times worked and were useful and used their footprints to the level of balance.

pet category now is more of a luxury supplied to that pet and they do not (other than emotional issues to the owner) usually give back balance and work for their living.

And then there is the products produced for pets that would never have been produced in the older times. Like dog coats, dog slippers, hats, fluffy beds, 50,000 items to feed them, etc. Pets are huge business....big time. But to make those products and support those animals is a huge wear on the environment.

sure I understand that definitely

but this is for environmental reasons.....saying that to feed pets, more food is required therefore being a drain that could be feeding humans.
to make that fluffy coat the dog wears, yes it gives someone a job, but it also adds pollutants from factories to make that fluffy coat.
while we can make industries to create jobs that are geared at cleaning up the environment, or produce useful products for humans, etc.....that fluffy coat does nothing but drain the environment.

of course all this can be used when describing human products etc. But being an animal, cutting back their footprint to start would certainly help more of the human race.

but many people think pets should be banned...to cut back their environmental drain.

How about the law saying no pets in the future? Woot, wouldn't that cause a stir? lol

I can totally see that...however, most of us BYCr's have enviormentaly friendly habits already, thus enviormentally friendly dogs. When I'm not being lazy about it I make my dogs' food and it has the added benefits of added powdered eggshells, leftover vegtables, various grains and ground turkey. Once again the city consumers are jealous of our happy, heathy lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Got it. I was trying to figure out what things could be placed on the scale.

Side One Side Two

Pet Products Jobs for People
Environmental pollution

Even though the products create jobs, they also create environmental issues so that goes on the 'bad' side.

Interesting concept.

BTW... what about the doogie droppings that will still be perfectly preserved in plastic 'pooper scooper bags' in a thousand years?
lau.gif

So wrong..........
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom