1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Epiphany..... Epiphy-WHAT????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SuperChickMama, Apr 10, 2012.

1. SuperChickMama

SuperChickMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Northwestern NC
    I had an Epiphany...... COULD my rooster be acting like a JERK (flogging, chasing, etc) because in the last couple of weeks 2 of his girls have disappeared????? One was sick and we offed her, the other was cannibalizing to the point of gushy blood, and we offed her too..... Just a thought, He started his abnormal behavior about a week after this happened.

2. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Could be, changes have away of ... well... making changes. Anything else happening?

3. SuperChickMama

SuperChickMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Northwestern NC
    Well...... if you consider that everything at our place is a show...... literally some things should go on TV because I swear we're the only ones, not really. I have a runty hen that is always getting picked on and she has become my favorite, We have 6 new ones in the diddle coop, an Ameracuana, 3 Dominiques and 2 Barred's, in the baby box, 2 more Black Copper Marans, a Sexlink/Maran mix that is white, and 4 RIRs, and 41 in the incubator......... We're over run!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by