1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eprinex (Pour On) help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bluedawg, Sep 22, 2011.

1. bluedawg

bluedawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Croton on Hudson
    Hi all, After reading a bunch of posts here on parasites, I just ordered Eprinex (Pour On) so I can treat my flock. I read Eprinex (Pour On) is an anti-parasite medication, effective against many worms (excluding tapeworm), most mites and some lice. I was looking for how to use it and it says it is applied to the skin. I have not gotten it yet but I am assuming you mix it with water? I think I read it is not meant for chickens but is oftenperscribed by vets for them so i think it will not come with instructions on how to use it on my chickens. Does anyone know how it is used? And If it is a "Pour On" how would that treat against internal worms?

Thanks!
    best,
    -Mary

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

No, you don't mix it with water. Use it straight out of the bottle. .25cc for bantams .50 cc for standards. That's the general dose, I use a bit more. Put it on the skin on the base of their neck, it will soak in through the skin.

3. bluedawg

bluedawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Croton on Hudson
    Oh great - That's easy [​IMG]

Thanks!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:x2
    Redose in 10 days to kill larva hatched from eggs since the inital dosing...1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller chickens.

5. banana-jana

banana-jana Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    Can you put it on ducks and turkeys?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by