Equal Rights in Malawi, Africa... Sad Story....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenwhisperer123, May 23, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hmmm...

I'm just going to say that if that is the life they've chosen, they should move to an area that accepts it.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

What's really sad is that there will be plenty, outside this 'conservative' country, who totally agree with this.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    How very stupid...
    Who CARES what people do in their bedroom,as long as they arent hurting anybody else?? Good god... get a life...
    I feel bad for the guys... people all up in their business like that.
    Dont even get me started...

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I'll gently suggest that they don't choose anymore than I choose to love men, I fell in love with a specific man, and people should not be thought of as interchangable like that.

Sidenote my first husband "choose" to not be gay, instead he was a gay man who married a woman who didn't know he was gay... it doesn't work out so well, and no amount of willpower changes that.

5. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    that was not right. I can't believe that happened to them, very sad.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:They chose to be together. They could have chosen to live apart. Nobody forced them to break their country's law.

7. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] Sad. I support love. No matter the form it comes in. [​IMG] They should be targeting killers and murderers not a couple who keep to themselves and haven't harmed anyone.

8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:With all due respect to the poster I quoted, I think the only thing more sad than this couple being jailed for their engagement is the mentality that they should "move to an area that accepts it." I can't imagine how I would feel if we woke up tomorrow and the roles were reversed, and someone told me as a woman, that if I "choose" to love a man, then I should move away from the home that I know and love. I don't think a couple in love should move anywhere. I think society should "move" their minds in a forward direction and worry about their own back yards. Just sad.

9. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:In poor countries like this, it is unlikely that they have the option to move to a country that accepts it. Even if they could, they may not qualify to immigrate to one of those countries, especially if they are not college educated or have a valuable trade skill.

Besides, I am a stright woman and no way could I stay away from men just because I lived in a country that didn't accept it. I feel for thier plight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by