Er...male duck Q

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
My under a year Khaki drake seems to have gotten lazy with putting his willy back in, is that normal?
I'd say an inch or so is always just there..looking all dirty, but idk what it should look like.
Anyone know??

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I have nothing useful to add, but I do have one thing to say

heh
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I think he should be glad I didn't go after him w/scissors thinking it was just dirty feathers, lol.

I would have no idea what a duck weenie prolapse would even look like. He mates just fine with his 4 hens.

Hey - The joke is on you. You should give him a bath and clean it up good and try to push it back in!! I just finished reading up on it because I had one too. Good luck with it.

If his penis does not retract, that is a penile prolapse. You have a problem, it needs to be cleaned and returned where it belongs and he needs to be separate from the girls for a few weeks. If this continues to happen, you will have to cut off the part that won't go back, it will get damaged and infected. As it is used for only one purpose and (very fortunately!) doesn't seem to be sensitive at all, it's not that hard to take care of. We had a drake do that years ago, we fussed with him for months trying to get it to stay in, finally one day it was badly damaged and we had to snip it after all. I felt really badly, he didn't mind it being snipped at all, nor did it even bleed. I could have saved him weeks of trouble with it. By then it had to be cut short and he is no longer able to breed, though we've had him for many years since then as a pet and he's been fine. My advice is to clean it up, try to get him to keep it in and, if it prolapses again, cut it with sharp scissors to where it stays in and is healthy. If we'd trimmed our boy the second time he prolapsed, he would have had enough left to use. I know it sounds hard, but you could have a vet do it, if you want to. Having pets/livestock is never easy and all I can offer is my experience and advice. Good luck with the poor guy!

Sorry about your drake. I think GrannyCarol had the best advice, b/c I remember recently reading a post like this about the drakes penis & it needed something done also. You don't want the other drakes or hens to see it out b/c they might think it's a worm or something(that's what I read, i haven't had to deal with something like this before.) Good luck, ~Julie~

Back
Top Bottom