Eric from salt lake

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eric801thelin, Aug 2, 2013.

1. eric801thelin

eric801thelin New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Taylorsville UTAH
    Hi my name is Eric. I live in taylorsville Utah, I am the proud owner of three hens. I bought my girls in may and raised them from chicks. I bought them thinking "this could be fun", but I had no idea it would become an obsession. I am currently in the market for one more, maybe 6 months to a year old. Also the weirder the better. I would love a polish maybe a faverolles or even a silkie. I'm pretty new to all this but I would love to know more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Eric - beautiful girls and coop [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. saracalderas

saracalderas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2013
    Centeral Utah
    Pretty, looks like you have an EE (easter egger) that looks like mine.
    What else do you have? An austlorp (spelling?) And a delaware?

4. eric801thelin

eric801thelin New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Taylorsville UTAH

I do have an EE ( the store called it an americauna), the black one is an australorp, and the white one is a light brahma.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Eric, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us! Best of luck to you and your obsession!

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Lovely hens! If you like unusual looking chickens you may like WFS (White Face Spanish). They are nothing if not unusual looking and are absolutely stunning to boot! Here are some images:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=white+face+spanish&type=61

Member "Sally Sunshine" has some, if you're interested send her a PM. She will tell you more about them.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC Eric, I love your coopage! and pretty chickens too! Take your time searching for chickens, make sure you research the breed/s. You are probably looking for an basket full or colorful eggs as well? Of course there are Ameraucana, Easter Eggers, that lay wonderful blue/blue/green eggs, then marans with the chocolate colored eggs, and there are Olive Eggers and on and on! Or if your going for looks there are some great looking breeds like spitzhauben, all kinds of polish, white faced Spanish, sultans, and more..... just MAKE sure you read up on the breed to see that if fits into the lifestyle you will provide. I have spitzhauben and they DO NOT like confinement, they haven't faired well here so I had to sell most of them. I cant wait to see what breeds you get. Will you try your hand at incubating? Its quite fun, but beware it is extremely addicting!

8. familypendragon

familypendragon Chillin' With My Peeps

And Bredas - combless chickens in shaggy bell bottoms, LOL! I can't wait to get some of them too!

9. Very pretty chickens! Welcome to BYC glad you joined us!
    [​IMG]

10. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by