escaping chicken

nicktrkula

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 18, 2013
OK so i have two ameraucaunas and some cochins and some leg horns and some buff orps and some red sexlinks and some crosses but the one ameraucauna is my problem I use aviary netting over there run and I need a place to get in so I left an over hang and a chain link door it's quite shanty and I had birds fly out of the headroom so I hung balers twine like beads in a door way and the ameraucauna Flys right threw so I added zip ties and guess what it flew right threw and today I piled cap into the place where it's flying out and it lifted up and crashed right into it and I want her in there because she hasn't laid an egg for me yet and she Flys out to go lay her egg and I can't find where she is nested any body have any ideas I put up a picture in a little bit

I thought you only needed to cut back one wing so it makes "lift" difficult on one side and causes them to become unbalanced and unable to gain altitude when trying to fly....like flying on one engine. :)

she Flys out to go lay her egg and I can't find where she is nested any body have any ideas I put up a picture in a little bit
Wing Clipping

Hokum Coco

My run is about 4 ft high. If you clip the feathers on one wing of each bird it will help.

Make sure there is no blood in the shaft of the feather before you clip or your bird may bleed to death.

On some birds you may even have to clip a few secondary flight feathers.

One wing throws the bird off balance and is more effective than trimming equal amounts off both wings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom