espically for Chicken Obsessed, Crazy for Silkies and others

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dee Dee 2, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Dee Dee 2

Dee Dee 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2012
    Tomball, Tx.
    I have made a couple of post about my litte Buffie Pumpkin. Sitting and green poo. Thanks to ALL for your advise. I got some baby bird food powder. They did not have the Kaytee had to get Lafeber's Nutistart instead. I gently fed her about 1 Tbs. via feeding tube. About 45 min. later I went in to check on her expecting the best. She was dead. Odd thing her body was still warm but stiff like rigermortis had all ready taken place. (Legs streached out stiff.) The same was with the J.G. that died last night. I am so sad. I worked so hard, along with everyone else that posted on B.Y.C. to keep her alive. She was a sweet little chickie and a good patient, never fussing. Thanks to those who helped. If anyone has any feed back I would appreciate it. Thanks !

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]You did everything you could to save her, I am sure. Unfortunately, unless you get her body necropsied(or do it on your own), her cause of death will probably never be known.

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Oh I am so very very sad to hear this! You did everything in your power to save her. Its so hard too loose a beloved pet. I recently went through a similar thing. My three birds were ill and I tubed them I tried antibotics baytril and tylan and tylamox. Still after all that I lost all three :( I know what your going through. Im so sorry. God bless you. I hope things start looking up for you. Im truely sorry you lost your pet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by