Essay Burnout

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    I wrote an essay summary for an as yet unwritten essay and a full essay yesterday and still have one more essay to write that is due tonight. I hate that I am such a procrastinator, but so far I am sitting with 90% in this class after 3 essays, all of which were written on the day they were due. I realise I am one of those who tends to do some of my best work under pressure, but I really hate that feeling of pressure and walking that very fine line between last minute, but doable and too late and impossible.

Feller is exactly the same- always producing at the last minute. What a pair we are.

Anyway, I just needed to take a minute to get that off my chest so I can focus on my last essay.

Tomorrow is French test and homework panic!

Thank goodness there are only about 4 weeks left of class and then I get my 2 weeks in off-grid paradise.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Better get off line and get to work......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] DIdn't know you had a mom in GA did you.....[​IMG]

Have a productive and blessed evening.....

3. Crusty McPottydoodle

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Gee, thanks "mum".

This one is only worth 5% of my final grade and I am seriously considering blowing it off. The reading involved for it is very dry and I am having a hard time keeping my focus.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    We're exactly the same way. Hence the name "11th hour furniture" [​IMG]

Good luck- you can get it done [​IMG]

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    You say all these things and how you need a lot of work to do, yet you're posting on BYC!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Get to work!!! [​IMG] LOL I sometimes do the same thing. But only when I have a lot to do and not enough time.

Good luck! Next week is Thanksgiving break! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Crusty McPottydoodle

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:Yeah, but it was a pretty quick post. I am on my last paragraph. Just struggling a bit with the wording for my final sentence.

I already had thanksgiving last month (we Canadians like a bit of a break between turkey feasts [​IMG] ), so no break for me now until the middle of December.

7. Crusty McPottydoodle

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:Procrastinators are we...Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

8. Crusty McPottydoodle

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Done!

Thanks for all the support. I think it did help to just make the post and then the thought was completely off my mind and invading the minds of others.

Time for a nice cup of tea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by