Etched Glass for my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SillyChicken, Jan 28, 2010.

1. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    My hubby lazer engraved an image of a faverolle hen's face peaking through a pane of glass. It goes in a 4 lt barn sash window I'm putting in my coop. It's tough to photograph though, even tougher to do in a moving vehicle!
    [​IMG]
    I can't wait to get this coop done. I have the base started, and the weathervane almost done.... and I even found an old horse shoe from my old horse when I was a kid. Thats going on the door for good luck! It's been more fun scrounging up or making things for this project, than had we just gone out and bought a shed kit to throw together.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    So pretty...

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Very pretty..........[​IMG]

4. Egg_newton

Egg_newton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    East Central Indiana
    I think that's awesome!

5. Bring

Bring Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    New Mexico
    I WANT ONE!!!! [​IMG]

6. gotpoodle

gotpoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Central Mass
    Wow! That's beautiful! I wonder if the chickens will attack it?! LOL! [​IMG]

7. norcal

norcal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Northern California
    Wow! Engraving huh? I used to do sand blast etching, but am still trying to find a setup to work on (preferably my own, but runs about $2000).

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

8. woodenart

woodenart Out Of The Brooder

thats impressive [​IMG]

9. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    that is impressive! i even brought my hubby to look.. i do stained glass but that is really something.. gee maybe you should take orders???? might give you some extra bux. have him put an add on here now that they advertise. gl and great job

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I actually HAVE all the equipment for sandblasting here. Time to unearth it! Laser engraving is so cool, really gets the details.

SillyChicken, that is lovely. Hope we get more pics when it's all done! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by