Etiquette Question (Men and women opinions)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by turney31, Jul 3, 2010.

1. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Is it proper etiquitte to introduce your spouse to people of same and opposite sex that you speak to in grocery store. What are your feelings about this. Is it the right thing to do?

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Yes.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yes!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    YES! I can not say that enough even hubby forgets to introduce me to his friends from work when we go shopping or going around town.

5. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Yes!

Jean

6. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Yes, unless you're my age and can't remember their names!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband doesn't... usually because the women we run into in stores are his ex girlfriends.... he was quite the romeo once upon a time... and he either doesn't want me to recognize their name from the LIST I made him give me before we got engaged, or, he's forgotten their name... so Usually I try to introduce myself, in hopes that they will volunteer their own name. But Yes, I think it's the polite thing to do... can't imagine anyone thinking otherwise.

8. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    My husband is a college professor (18 years) turned public high school teacher (4 years) and we are constantly running into people he has had in a class or the parents of children he has taught.....and out of context he can never remember names!

He used to just not introduce me at all; after discussing it we decided he would say, "Hi! This is my wife..." At that point I jump in, hand extended and announce my name, which usually prompts them to proffer their hand and tell me their name....and that problem is solved!

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    If you run into anyone you are bothering to talk to, and you have someone/anyone with you, you introduce them to each other,, it's called good manners.

10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Quote:... or you can't remember your spouse's name. [​IMG] but that's a whole different argument. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by