Eugene Oregon suspends chicken limit

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by boobybunny, May 25, 2010.

1. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out...

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Abso-frickin'-lutely! [​IMG]

3. anniem

anniem Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Eugene, OR
    That's a relief! I'll be at 8 after the 2 boys are gone. I've been worried about talking to the jerky neighbor about his water run off going thru our yard, i was just imagining him getting back at me by tattling about my excess chickens!
    I am proud of Eugene. [​IMG]

4. buffbuttercup

buffbuttercup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Oregon
    oh i know her! now springfield needs to follow suit! [​IMG]

5. boobybunny

boobybunny Out Of The Brooder

Me too.. although I still violate the 20 foot from building aspect.

I hope that Eugene is lives up to it's green reputation and lifts the limit permanently.

6. boobybunny

boobybunny Out Of The Brooder

know whom buffbuttercup? [​IMG]

7. buffbuttercup

buffbuttercup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Oregon
    the scotts [​IMG]

8. ChickenLeo

ChickenLeo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Brownsville, Oregon
    Good for Eugene. I live about 25 miles north and was reading a story about the chicken revival that my grandmother clipped from the RG for me. I was wondering when Eugene would come to it's senses(in at least this area). I am thankful that I live in a town that doesn't limit chickens. I have 12 pullets that should start laying next month and intend to add to the flock. My neighbors across the street have several, someone in town has a rooster and I love to listen to it crow. I want one of my own, my coop is close to my neighbors and although their nasty mutts bark non-stop when we are outside, I can't bring myself to be so rude as to get a noisy bird and house it litterally 20feet from their bedroom window. lol
    This is such a great activity. And no, it isn't only that you need to be progressive and "go green". I don't believe in the "green" movement, but I do believe in the conservative ideal of taking care of yourself and getting the government to take a hike. That's why I think everyone should be able to be behind the backyard chickens movement. You can "go green" for our more liberal friends, or you can pitch it to conservatives as well! Will backyard chickens be the reunification point in American life and politics? Hmmm...

9. jennjenn6

jennjenn6 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2012
    Eugene, OR
    I live in Springfield, does anyone know if it's still the limit of 4 in town?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by