Evaluate my Mille Fleur d'Uccles

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
We hatched out 7 a while ago. Here's a picture of the little cuties when they were very little and cute:
chicks013.jpg

Anyway, we sold 4 yesterday and kept our 3 favorites. Tell me what you think! Note: They are 7 weeks old

Rambo: he was the first one born, totally popped right out of his shell and then had to wait almost a full day before any of his siblings hatched. Notice how obvious it is that he's a rooster? It's the strangest thing, when he was only two weeks old his comb came out of no where over night. He is also the only one with so many spots, I'm guessing he'll have way too much white after his first molt, but we'll just have to see! He's my favorite little boy. Very spoiled.
dec6007.jpg

dec6006.jpg

Next is the one we've simply been calling the "Girly One" because she is very feminine, quiet, and sweet. I hope she'll develop her spots soon, she's been very slowly getting some small ones near her rear.
dec6002.jpg

Next is the one I've been calling "The Speckly One". Yeah, only rambo has a name right now, I need to start thinking up names for the rest. This one shows what most of the others we gave away looked like, lots of little black dots, and I know they will get white on them soon. I can't wait.
dec6013.jpg

Anyway, we'll probably be putting them plus possibly one or two very nice year old+ hens we will hopefully be buying at a show in January, and putting them into our new cute coop that is perfect size for a few bantams.

Last but not least, here's a picture of Rambo warming up and watching over his charges. What a good boy.
dec6014.jpg

So tell me what you guys think? Thanks!

Last edited:
Well I haveto say that if I lived close to you, I minght have to kid nap one of those guys. I have been looking for some, since May. Your babies are very pretty.

D'uccles are my absolute favorites! Yours are very nice looking so far! I've never had a roo...just 3 sweet girls.

Very nice birds!
smile.png

I have 13 MFDU's myself, 7 around the same age as yours.

Since I am planning to breed them to sell show-quality hatching eggs I am not going to choose my "keepers" until they are around 9 months old to give their spots a chance to come out. Even after that, they do not have their full spotting until after their first molt, which is the reason why most people don't start showing these birds until they are around 2 years old.

Back
Top Bottom