Even More Easter Egger Chicks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by my sunwolf, Nov 26, 2012.

1. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered 25 EE straight run chicks from Meyer hatchery today. They're supposed to arrive the first week of December and I'm SO EXCITED! I know it's out of season, but I couldn't wait until February or March. We're raising them in a box in the shed until they get big enough to have the run of the shed and yard. I'm going to try to differentiate between babies so that I can document them as they grow, but when they're tiny and fluffy they all look so alike [​IMG]

Pictures to follow upon arrival! I just hope nothing goes wrong [​IMG]

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Good Luck!

3. my sunwolf

Thank you!! They FINALLY shipped today, so should arrive Tues-Thurs, I am about to die of happiness, I just hope they all arrive alive [​IMG]

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Any pics? [​IMG]

5. my sunwolf

Aug my pictures are all currently terrible, we'll have to do a photo shoot one of these days when it's warm enough to leave the door open for sunlight [​IMG]

26/27 arrived alive, with 2 weak ones (looks like they were at the bottom when the chicks decided to pile) who died within the first day. Don't know why Meyer shipped them in a square box... maybe for heat? Not sure.

Now I've got 24 little healthy ones running around the brooder. There was a little pasting up (I hear it's from the stress of shipping or possibly sugar water), but I cleaned them up and there has been no more poopy butts since.

Here are some pictures of the babies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. OMG they are all so cute! I just want to take them out of the screen and yay for you we do to and they are as pretty as ever![​IMG] and we did have one like those except well they left in a sad way! anyway they are cute and congrats![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Wonderful! Looks like one got into the dark beer.

8. my sunwolf

Apparently that little guy also has a taste for Negra Modelo [​IMG]

Here are some more shots that I got today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one's muffs... [​IMG]

9. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    *Scream* I love them! Oh my gosh, I dont think there is any living creature cuter than an EE chick! [​IMG]

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Congrats!!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by