Evening with the chickens...

DollarChickens

In the Brooder
May 2, 2016
First, let me preface this by saying we are new to the chicken/duck world. We bought our first chicks in March (16 of them) and have now added 6 ducklings (they will have a separate coop/house area). So far, I love having all of them. One of our barred rocks is very bossy and keeps the rest of the birds in line, we named her "The Boss", how original. Anyway, tonight when I went to put the chickens up, The Boss, who never wants much to do with us, decided to jump up and sit on my knee and let ke pet her :) none of my chickens have done that yet! They follow me with food but never ask for my attention (though I am sure she probably just thought she was gonna roost on me, since she then decided to jump up on my shoulder) but I enjoyed it none the less. AM I the only one who can just sit and watch them all evening? My kids love them almost as much as I do.

I swear I'm trying to resist the temptation to go back out there. They usually go to sleep pretty quick though, so I guess I will see them in early in the morning.

Hi Dollar and welcome!

I am new to birds too. I can not watch mine enough.
They are so cute!

First, let me preface this by saying we are new to the chicken/duck world. We bought our first chicks in March (16 of them) and have now added 6 ducklings (they will have a separate coop/house area). So far, I love having all of them. One of our barred rocks is very bossy and keeps the rest of the birds in line, we named her "The Boss", how original. Anyway, tonight when I went to put the chickens up, The Boss, who never wants much to do with us, decided to jump up and sit on my knee and let ke pet her
smile.png
none of my chickens have done that yet! They follow me with food but never ask for my attention (though I am sure she probably just thought she was gonna roost on me, since she then decided to jump up on my shoulder) but I enjoyed it none the less. AM I the only one who can just sit and watch them all evening? My kids love them almost as much as I do.
No, you're not alone! Chickens are fun to watch! Each one has a different personality. Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom