ever blown out an egg that was in the bator? UPDATE I JUST DID

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by AHappychick, Oct 24, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have these nice bcm eggs that never started that just finished 21 days in the bator. They are such a nice color I wish I could blow them out, but I am scared because they probably stink right?

has anyone ever done this?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] do it I dare you!!!! If I dont hear back from you in a hour Ill know to call 911-you better give me your addy now!

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I've actually busted open some eggs right after I took them out of the bator (21 days in there exactly), and although the insides where very, very liquidy, it didn't really smell like I thought it would.
    Now..if you let them sit in there for a couple days after the bator is done....YICK! [​IMG]

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh gosh I am scared well I will try one in a little while. I just got done processing quail (I actually posted this while on my smoke break) so I have done plenty of gross things already today and my ds is at my sisters so nothing to loose. I am going to try to rig it so that my mouth never goes directly on the egg hmmmm....

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    eta I just read the part about sucking out the egg part so thats what I am gonna do

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:Maybe do it outside, just in case:p

7. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Ahappychick,
    You will need to put a whole both ends to blow the eggs out. Now if depends on how big a whole you would want. You then use one of either those real hard plastic straws if you want it small or a regular straw if you are not concerned with the whole on top. The whole on the bottom has to be large enough for all the liquid to be removed. You can then use water to clean it out later with the straw. I had done many canary and parakeet eggs when I use to breed exhibition birds. I had a lady that would decorate them and make jewelery out of them. Ear rings, and necklaces and other things plus she did reproductions of the expensive Russian eggs. Good luck maybe you found a new hobby. Harry

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    you must have a syrindge laying around? You treat and inject animals at times right? If you have a needless syringe-thats how I suck my eggs out [​IMG] no mouth on the egg [​IMG]

9. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    how about something like a playtex nipple so your mouth does not have to come in contact with the egg. Would be kind of like the cpr mouth things they have now only smaller to fit over the egg?

10. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I just blow air in with a syringe. Less [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by