Ever considered breed specific forums here?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Pathfinders, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    As most of you know, I am a huge booster for Buckeyes (and Dutch.) I was wondering if TPTB had ever considered creating breed specific forums here on the BYC?

I know there are other venues, and I don't want to send folks to them when they could stay here, but it would be nice to have a specific forum for breeds that are popular.

Just wondering if it would be possible...

Thanks,

[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I think that would probably be very hard to maintain. I prefer it this way. But that is just my opinion!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

A forum per breed may be really tricky, but I think a good compromise might be a very specific thread per breed. This could be a fantastic addition to the new chicken breed database and each breed page could have a link to the breed specific thread.

What do you all think?

4. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:That would work too. Perhaps one new forum, then a bunch of pinned threads in that forum for each breed folks were interested in? That many pinned threads might overwhelm the Breeds/Genetics forum, but if you could make one new place just for the specific pinned breed threads, that could work!

Thank you for considering it.

[​IMG]

5. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Have there been any spontaneous threads that referred to specific breeds?

I'm new, already addicted (thanks, folks!) and I haven't got any chickens right now, but I'm interested in particular breeds. I haven't gotten around to all the threads to see who's talking about what (this place is so VAST!) and I'd love a forum where I could go and just pick out a thread that said, "Wyandottes here!" or "Ameraucana freaks -- read this one!"

6. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:Yes, that's part of why I asked about this. Periodically people will ask about Buckeyes, and I agree that it would be nice to have a place where you could just talk about one given breed. A pinned thread would do that.

7. 4HillsSumatras

4HillsSumatras Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Count me in! I'm pretty new here but I think a thread to just talk Sumatra or another breed would be GREAT!

8. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE to babble about my EEs and Orps so I'd like to see this too.

9. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    All we really have to do is use the Search button up at the top of the page. Then type whatever breed it is where looking for. You can tell which ones have a lot of talk about that one certain breed. Its the one with the most posts in it.

10. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Sounds interesting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by