ever feel like you are tattling?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by klf73, Feb 2, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but everytime I report a post I feel like I'm tattling [​IMG] . Honestly, I hate to do it, but sometimes it is just necessary. [​IMG] Anyone else feel this way?

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    You mean on my animals? If that is what you mean, No, I am a proud and braggin' second momma and caretaker to them [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

You are a tattle-tale??? I'm TELLING!!! [​IMG]

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I feel like I'm tattling, but sometimes ya gotta do it. The last one I reported sounded like something that could get BYC in trouble. I love this site and I don't want it shut down so I reported something that sounded like something that could get BYC sued.

5. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    that depends...

if i am reporting a post for something clearly wrong like verbal abuse or threatning behavior...heck no..

but if someone said something to another member that can be taken as wrong like blaming the parent for the actions of their child (wink wink**we know who we are right...lol ...joking)..then yes sometimes i do but the way i look at is sometimes people dont like to ask for help from the mods and if i am helping to stop a online bully then i am good with it

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:reporting is tattle telling, one of the reasons i never report... (yes it does need to be done. but its the same as in school... No matter the reason its telling "tattle telling") other reason is i figure by the time i see it. Its reported... or about to be so i never waste my time a lot of people on here use reporting as a game, those reasons and i just never see something bad enough i think it should be reported.

-Daniel

PS. if its hard to understand forgive me [​IMG] been up for almost 24 hours...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I have never reported.....but I think with the great job Nifty and the mods do I have no reason to.....I've seen threads locked at the speed of lightening.......

But I feel that if people are offended for whatever reason...then it is their choice to report the incident.

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    If I find something questionable that I find truly offensive - and I am hard to offend - or that I think is just pushing the limits I will PM the person and say so. I have never reported, but I have asked a thread to be locked when I started it.

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I find it amazing how many adults see this site as their own personal playground and feel that they can post whatever they want and are shocked when others are offended by it. I have used the report button, that's what it's there for.

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Consider reporting like housecleaning...letting us know when there's a dust bunny that might need sweeping up or a spill on the kitchen floor... [​IMG]

A clean house is a nicer house for all of our guests to visit. [​IMG]

By the way, reporting doesn't always result in someone getting in trouble, but it does let us know to keep an eye on something as necessary or help a member out with something they can't do themselves (like deleting a double post).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by