1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sonew123, Jun 24, 2009.

1. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Back from a very long but productive sales meeting. [​IMG]

chickenchick--I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your sister-in-law. I don't have a whole lot to do with mine either. She seems to have chosen her hubby over the rest of the family. We usually only see them and their 2 boys at Christmas even though they only live an hour away and we are often in their area. I am okay with that, but I think it still bothers hubby at times. I am perfectly happy with having cats and dogs as my nieces and nephews. I guess that is why Cotter's death is so hard on me.

I went to see sis yesterday evening and Destiny spent the night. We went to Dairy Queen for Blizzards and to Wal-Mart. When she got up yesterday she thought something was wrong with Cotter, but he pushed Claws out of the food bowl and ate good, so she went on to work. When she got home she realized he wasn't doing well and took him to the vet up the street. The vet told her he probably wouldn't make it, but she would start an IV on him and see how it goes. In the time it took her to grab her stethoscope, he had passed. In the cage next to him was a little black female kitten. She had been found ran over (they assume) her lip was torn up and her jaw disconnected and was walking on her wrists. The vet had done reconstructive surgery on her, she had a wire in her jaw, her lip looks great and she is walking fine now. She needs a loving home. Sis called me and said she felt bad about even thinking about it so soon after the death. I told her it may have been a sign. Cotter led her to the vet, but passed before anything could be done. He knew how much he was loved and wanted this special needs kitten to have a chance to be loved too. By the time I got down there, she asked if I wanted to go see her. The vet was having an open house and was open late. She is adorable and so lovable!! She is almost the exact same size as our little ones and looks just like them. By the time we left, sis said she would pick her up Friday! She will have the wire for a couple more weeks, but is eating fine. The vet was thrilled when she said yes. They are pretty attached to her and wanted to make sure she was going somewhere special. I guarantee you, she is!!

texasgal--Our rain was short and the sun is already coming out. [​IMG] It was nice while it lasted anyway. We need a break from this heat, I am getting too old to tolerate it! And I am worrying to death about those boys at football practice. They are absolutely miserable, but troopers they are!!

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:I've kinda stayed out of that conversation .. but I read them all! It is reason to worry .. seems we have at least one or two collapse every season at this time. The coaches REALLY need to take heed .. maybe practice after dark.. or early in the morning .. or something. Sports is such a high priority at the schools and they do seem to push at the expense of the kids sometimes..

Thinking about you and your boys....

DH and I were on the front porch last nite ..after dark .. with the fans .. and still just sweating ...

After a looooooooooong, coooooooooooooold (for us), wettttttttttt winter, I didn't think I would ever say .. I'M READY FOR COOLER WEATHER >>>

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:I've kinda stayed out of that conversation .. but I read them all! It is reason to worry .. seems we have at least one or two collapse every season at this time. The coaches REALLY need to take heed .. maybe practice after dark.. or early in the morning .. or something. Sports is such a high priority at the schools and they do seem to push at the expense of the kids sometimes..

DH and I were on the front porch last nite ..after dark .. with the fans .. and still just sweating ...

After a looooooooooong, coooooooooooooold (for us), wettttttttttt winter, I didn't think I would ever say .. I'M READY FOR COOLER WEATHER >>>

Me too!! I can't hardly stand to be out long enough to feed and potty Jasper! Luckily he is just as content to be in the house. I am constantly checking water bowls and animals while I am out. I am ready for a break!!

The coach has been really good with the several breaks during practice and they do start at 6:30 Am. They get done around 12:30 and to me that is already way too warm to be out there. However, they have not put on full uniform, just shoulder pads which should keep them a little cooler. If my little ding dong wasn't at practice, he would be out in the heat doing things anyway, so I guess I should be glad he has the coaches to monitor him. He is a big water drinker, so for that, I am grateful! You are right, football is a high priority around here and it is easy to get carried away with it. I am sure Texas is a whole lot worse, that is where some of the best of the best in the nation come from!

4. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:I guess they cool, cloudy weather went somewhere, but apparently not to your place! Sorry! Every day they extend our excessive heat warning. I think we are scheduled now to be off of it 9 pm Friday. That seems like a lifetime away! I read to hubby where you said you live and he says he knows exactly where that is. I never drive in the city (except those 2 unforgettable trips to St. Luke's), therefore, I usually don't pay a whole lot of attention to what highway/interstate/road I am on or around. I can associate more by places. You would be about 2 hours from me.

I like the football thing a whole lot better than I did him wrestling. He would come home every night and tell me how much weight he would have to gain or lose and how many days he had to do it in for the next meet. I know that definitely isn't healthy on the kids and this coach was a tyrant about it! He only lasted 2 years in that sport!

5. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009

Me too!! I can't hardly stand to be out long enough to feed and potty Jasper! Luckily he is just as content to be in the house. I am constantly checking water bowls and animals while I am out. I am ready for a break!!

The coach has been really good with the several breaks during practice and they do start at 6:30 Am. They get done around 12:30 and to me that is already way too warm to be out there. However, they have not put on full uniform, just shoulder pads which should keep them a little cooler. If my little ding dong wasn't at practice, he would be out in the heat doing things anyway, so I guess I should be glad he has the coaches to monitor him. He is a big water drinker, so for that, I am grateful! You are right, football is a high priority around here and it is easy to get carried away with it. I am sure Texas is a whole lot worse, that is where some of the best of the best in the nation come from!

I love football too, but it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine now. I'm still miffed that our school district won't pay the extra taxes to allow their graduates IN-DISTRICT tuitiion at the local college. I drive past their new college sized football stadium every day and think "Maybe instead of that ridiculously huge football stadium, they could spend the money to give their graduating seniors an advantage at the local college ... "

This little town is ridiculous about football... and we are joining the hype. DH has decided that we are going to attend HS football games this year .. even though we don't have a high school student .. [​IMG] I DOOOOOOO enjoy the games...

6. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

[​IMG] Michelle! [​IMG]

7. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

[​IMG]

8. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    [​IMG]

Goat Mama

[​IMG]

9. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Me too!! I can't hardly stand to be out long enough to feed and potty Jasper! Luckily he is just as content to be in the house. I am constantly checking water bowls and animals while I am out. I am ready for a break!!

I love football too, but it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine now. I'm still miffed that our school district won't pay the extra taxes to allow their graduates IN-DISTRICT tuitiion at the local college. I drive past their new college sized football stadium every day and think "Maybe instead of that ridiculously huge football stadium, they could spend the money to give their graduating seniors an advantage at the local college ... "

This little town is ridiculous about football... and we are joining the hype. DH has decided that we are going to attend HS football games this year .. even though we don't have a high school student .. [​IMG] I DOOOOOOO enjoy the games...

I love football too and for the next few months we will live and breathe it, but I also agree about academics being put on the back burner. You are so right about that! The funding is screwed up, but I love the sport. High school, college, pros, I watch it all. Destiny was stats girl last year for the radio, but refused to do it this year since it is brother's senior year and she has to refrain from cheering in the press box, but this year I think she is going to agree to be our first ever side line reporter. That should be interesting! A few short years ago she didn't even know what a quarterback was and now she can rattle stats like a pro! [​IMG]

10. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Thanks Dear. Again. I was trying to keep quiet over here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by