Ever Felt like a chicken whisperer?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bethandjoeync, Mar 31, 2009.

1. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I try and talk to them and spend time with them as much as I can. and at times I will make certain noises and they all (yes ll 16 of them) stop and stand their like I had given them a command to freeze!! last night I was experimenting with different sounds and I started to make a purring sound at them, and they all stopped what they were doing, and all fell asleep....like they were super relaxed or something. some even fell asleep standing up with beak laid on the floor!! did I lull them to sleep?? or bore them lol?

have you experimented with different sounds with your chicks, to see what reaction you get?

maybe it was all just a coincidence

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    This past summer we'd sit in the run with them & my 8 yr old daughter had my cell phone & was playing with it. The hens were walking around clucking & the roos were crowing. She started to play songs & they froze to listen too. You could've heard a pin drop! It was hysterical to see the look on their faces! They looked like little statues as to how still they were! [​IMG]

3. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    The chickens seem to listen when I talk to them. I have a special call for my adult chickens when I have a snack for them. I will try the purring for my chicks tonight and let you know. We got baby turkeys this morning and they were being a little to vocal so I gave a few turkey hen yelps and that silenced them immediately. Yes chicken whispering is possible. Contact Animal Planet. Maybe they will come see you.

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The force is strong with this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by