Ever Fight Your Dog For A Bone????

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
*Last nite we went with visiting relatives out for BBQ. ( Just a tip: Never take mid-westerners out to inferior coastal bbq.
hmm.png
) Brought a rib home to my sheba and she proceeded to try to eat the thing WHOLE!!!!! Took DH and I ten minutes to pry it out of her mouth & I almost lost a thumb in the bargain!!!!!

Mine generally give them up when I ask, but if it's something really yummy they've been known to lock down those jaws and cease to make eye contact. Kinda a doggie version of selective hearing.
"Wha bone?" I dun haf a bone in muh mouf! LaLaLa..."

* Ginger's at least 12 y/o. We've had her 1O. Pretty positive she was a garbage hound street stray at some point-- cuz once in a great while she gets very sneaky, grabbing stuff off the ground and trying to keep it a secret for her whole walk or puts up a "argument" over something. I was SO SHOCKED to see her trying to put away this whole darn rib, though, that I barely got to her with 2" of it still sticking beyond her nose!!!!

* Ginger's at least 12 y/o. We've had her 1O. Pretty positive she was a garbage hound street stray at some point-- cuz once in a great while she gets very sneaky, grabbing stuff off the ground and trying to keep it a secret for her whole walk or puts up a "argument" over something. I was SO SHOCKED to see her trying to put away this whole darn rib, though, that I barely got to her with 2" of it still sticking beyond her nose!!!! Kept thinking she'd be putting it down and gnawing at it any second like a dry bone! WRONG!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom