1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ever had 2 hatch under heat lamp??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MakNat, Oct 15, 2009.

1. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ky
    I had this hen sitting on 10 little bantam eggs. They were a couple of days apart, which is my fault. But anyway she hatched 6 right away, so I figured the others would be right behind. She left the nest. The eggs were cold!! Wants nothing to do with them... I brought them inside and have them under a heat lamp. It is almost impossible to get the right temp. Its been a hour couple or so hours, I get impatient and listen to the eggs. There in barely movement and tiny peeps!! What to do??? Do they have a chance? Should I help them?? Any help PLEASE!!! The little hen who laid these eggs died and I REALLY want these chicks to be OK.

2. monita

monita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    Shelbyville, Tennessee
    i am sure they will be fine... how long do they have left until hatch day? i wish i could tell you what to do. i am incubating my first eggs now because my hen abandoned her nest... they are due to hatch monday or tuesday. the best of luck with your babies and i am sure someone on here will have some advice for you. btw.. sorry to hear about your hen.

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Ashby, MA
    If it were me I would help them out. I waited too long on my last batch and they died [​IMG]
    You might try to remove a small area of shell and see if that motivates them.........Good luck! [​IMG]

4. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ky
    Oh thanks I did crack the one I hear peeping..??? Ther ewas a little blood tho so I stopped. It is very much alive tho. The other i cracked the part of the egg that has the air in it. Not the sak. and that one is alive. the other I hear a tiny tap not much. I'm afraid to do anything, but afraid not to! I think the 4th is gone. that one ais a little bigger egg. AUGH!!! Its hard to know what to do. sorry i had to vent THX
    Sorry about yours

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by