Ever happened to you?????

ChickensInTheNorthWoods

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
North East CT
Have you ever been trapped in an elevator?

I was stuck in an elevator in Boston, MA this week for over an hour - it wasn't too bad as I knew 3 of the people in there but all my joking around really freaked out the stranger stuck in the car with us! Yes - I apoligized once I realized that he didn't find my antics funny!

So tell me your stories....

If I got trapped in an elevator I would freak out!
hide.gif

I once was in a man lift that fell over (from about 24' up). It must have knocked me out because I just remember the thing falling and then the world being really fuzzy for a bit (like too much gas at the dentist). When the world quit spinning all of my coworkers were standing around me patting my hands and looking worried. I looked up and said "I had this dream, and you were there and you and Auntie Em and Uncle Frank...". Sadly, nobody laughed. I thought it was quite clever my own self. (What I didn't realize at the time was that I had cut the back of my head and blood was gushing out. Apparently people lose their sense of humor in the presence of blood...)

Quote:
I wanted to know where the escape/service hatch that they always show in the movies was. The elevator repair tech couldn't get it to run but he was able to get it to move up about 3 feet and we pried the doors open and squeezed our way out onto the 7th floor. The stranger in the car freaked out when one of the guys asked what was taking so long and I explained that he was trying to cut the steel cable so the car would get to the bottom floor!

When I was 16 I was babysitting twin toddlers and their older sister (age 3). For some reason the parents took the doorknobs off the bathrooms in the house. Deaf granny lived in the other part of the house. I was in the bathroom with one of the toddlers who was sitting on a small potty and I closed the door to keep the older sister out. I realized at the last moment that I wouldn't be able to open the door..! I started to panic and tried to open the window, but it was painted shut! I was freaking out and was yelling through the doorknob hole to get the 3 year old over to the door and get deaf Granny over to get me out!

While I was freaking out, the poor toddler on the potty was watching the whole mess with BIG EYES!! The 3 yr old eventually got Granny to get the knob and open the door for me. Whew....

I wonder if the toddler has nightmares today of a terror stricken teenager banging the doors and windows to get out!

Back
Top Bottom