1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Ever heard "mad as a settin' hen"?? Pics of this PO'd broody...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Nov 2, 2010.

1. I took her out of the empty nesting box and put her outside for a while. She growled and hissed the entire time, spreading her body as flat as she could.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Luke0987654321

Luke0987654321 Songster

Aug 10, 2009
    Spain
    awww poor thing, i bet she has a grudge on you now, [​IMG]
    funny though [​IMG]

luke.

3. pixy

pixy In the Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Jersey
    lol. so funny!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

ETA: How old is she? My silkies are only 5 months old and I can't wait to have a madder than a wet hen hen. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

If there was a curb on your property, she'd be kicking it like child in a tantrum! [​IMG]

6. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I've got a black silkie that acts just like that . I'm always telling her what a silly girl she is!!!

7. mychookschick

mychookschick Songster

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    LOL When my girls was broody I couldn't get her out of the box! She would grip the edges of the box with her toes and hold on for dear life! IF I could get her outside she would be back in the box in like 30 seconds.... TOPS!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Little pain in the pa-tootie!

Great story! Keep trying! (It'll never work if yours is as stubborn as mine) [​IMG] LOLJK

8. purr

purr Songster

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    they bite the hardest of all my chickens ,when I collect the eggs

9. She doesn't peck at us, just growls and then screams like a wildcat. After I took the pics, she ran over, got a drink of water and a couple bites of food and ran back into the nesting box. There are 2 black hens in the same nest box. I think they keep each other going... [​IMG]

10. chkn

chkn Songster

Jun 27, 2010
    Boy is she broody. She'll make a real good broodie in the spring. I tell you those fuzzy little chickens crack me up, they are so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by