Ever Heard of this complaint?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chickenranchwife, Feb 15, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone, I heard a complaint that my eggs were too yellow. Has anyone ever heard this complaint before? This is a very picky person we are talking about.
    Could it be from too much corn? Just thought I'd ask this here.

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Too many vitamins and good stuff.... not the corn!

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I never heard that complaint. I hate really picky people. Tell them if they dont like it to go buy supermarket eggs. Those ones are really yellow

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

That's what a REAL egg is supposed to look like. It's the good feed and the good care they receive!!! Duh, tell them to go back to the gross eggs at the grocery store!! LOL.

5. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    the ones at the store are naste, from all the steroids and poor nutriants in there grain.

your eggs are darker meaning your chickens are healthy,eating good stuff, and arent on there dead bed like factory hens

6. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    "Too yellow yolks" is almost as bad as the handyman who turned down a dozen of my free range eggs because his wife wouldn't eat anything unless it came from the supermarket!

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Some people are just sad. I try to NOT get everything from the grocery store. That's whats killing everybody, all the mess the big companies put in our food.

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

The funny thing of it is his wife has the local grocery store! My DH had to come home and check them out, he cooked some up just to see if there was really something wrong with them. He couldn't find anything wrong with them.

I just had to check to see if anyone had heard this complaint before.

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I agree with you. I was reading online that they feed cement to the cows. Poor animals. I wish we could go back to the old days where everything was grown on the farm. not mass produced food and nuclear grown veggies

10. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Don't you feel sorry for people who don't know what real food looks and tastes like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by