Ever just "mess" with your chickens, ducks, geese?

flyboy129

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
As in mess with their heads? One of my favorite things before the coop had electricity, was go into the coop at night. Say, oh, 9 or 10 pm. Stand in front of the roost and flip open my cell phone. Weird oohs and puzzled cooing. Then, ringtone selection came next..... maybe I'm just weird....

I have done the same thing with my birds. My tom turkey is the one who goes nutty. I play barn yard animal sounds off my phone and he will start going off even if I am across the yard from him. The chickens could care less about what I do.

Yes!! I take a flash light around 9-10 PM and go to the hatch, I then open it and shine the light in there which causes all my hens to look down from the roost and stare at me in confusion XD
I also like to take the floodlight and shine it on the coop around midnight and listen to my rooster crow, thinking its dawn XD

I saw a posting on here about 6 months ago for a youtube video of a rooster taking a dust bath. The man videoing's cell started to ring and it was a chicken song. I liked it so much that my DS downloaded the ringtone and we went out to the run and started playing it. Foggy started to get irritated with it and tried to out crow the ringtone. We had a blast with it.

Back
Top Bottom